As a part of the 100 Things I Love series, here are 10 activities I love. Not necessarily in any particular order, and by no means and exhaustive list!
- The Museum Center – I LOVE going to the Cincinnati Museum Center, so much so that I purchased a single season pass for myself, with parking! I enjoy looking at the various exhibits of Cincinnati’s history, as well as other parts of the museum. I also enjoy the films in the Omnimax theater. I could spend hours just looking at the model of this city from years gone by, each time I go I notice something new. When done, I enjoy the gift shop, I could spend hours in the book section! If you go with me be prepared to spend time READING about things in the exhibits, I don’t like to just wander through, I want to learn!
- Moonlight Tour of Spring Grove Cemetery – This past year I went for the first time and it is a definite must do again. I had no idea how much history is in that cemetery and under the moonlight it is just beautiful. And yes a tad spooky but that makes it fun! I toured the Civil War section and next year will be certain to sign up for a different tour (they offer a number for the moonlight tour night) to learn even more about those buried there.
- Picnics for two – A beautiful day, a good friend (male of course), a basket full good foods and some wine. Laying on a blanket enjoying the shade and breeze. Talking or silently napping on a sleepy afternoon, that to me is a great time.
- Small towns – I enjoy walking through small, historic towns like Aurora or Madison Indiana. Shops, a little pub for lunch, just a lazy day of walking around enjoying the sights and sounds.
- Motorcycles – Nothing says de-stress like a ride on a motorcycle. Wind in my hair, wrapped around a friend and riding like it’s what we are paid to do. My best times with a dear friend have been days when we rode the entire day, a few hundred miles and some relaxing places along the way. I’ve only really trusted 2 men to ride me, the ex and Mr. Wonderful. Hoping for some warm days and LONG rides again in the Spring.
- Darts – as in throwing them. I suck big time but I enjoy it. I am the only person I know that can hit a trash can 10 feet away from the dart board and at floor level, but I did it! I got into it while dating a friend, now my son tries to help me when we go out for a few beers to catch up. It’s sad though very funny to watch.
- Walking – I love to walk, but really don’t do it enough. Great time to clear the mind, work through a problem, or talk to a friend. There are two parks near me that have walking areas. One is just a track with a few hills but nothing major, next to the Ohio River so I can watch the river traffic. The plus is the trains come through on the other side and I LOVE trains so it is a great place to walk. The other park has trails, with gravel paths. More than a few hills, some are serious butt-kickers, through the woods, over a creek…it is a wonderful place to walk if it isn’t wet out. Good exercise.
- Watching TV – not many things I like to watch, but when I do, I have a select few shows that will land me on the couch to view: CSI, CSI:NY, NCIS, NCIS LA, Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds and football. These are about the only things I will take the time to watch on TV. Usually this is a Diva gathering with mom, sis and the nieces, popcorn and some beer.
- Bowling – again, I totally suck at bowling but I enjoy it. My sister and I were in a league for a while, with the ex-hubby and my kids. It was a good time but haven’t been in one in a long while. I think I might need to take that up again!
- Crocheting – My hook and some yarn are always a great way to relax. Lately I have 8 projects in the works and none is close to complete (except for Mario’s Bengal blanket). I am not sure why but I seem to have a touch of ADD of late and just cannot seem to get focused on them. I need to get at it again, best way to watch TV without feeling like I’m lazy and doing nothing constructive is to work on a blanket.